Helping employers create an environment that complies with the law, and is also safe, open and most of all, productive. With experience in employment law and employment practices, EP Specialists understands the issues that arise in organizations are complex and unique, so cookie cutter solutions will not do. Why us?
- Creative thinking and a hands-on-approach allow for a complete understanding of your organizational needs and goals.
- Training programs that are engaging and interactive to maximize their impact,
- Investigations conducted in a professional and efficient manner to assist in resolving employment disputes,
- Sensitivity training focused on turning around risky behavior.
We offer solutions that work. Learn more about Allison West, view a partial client list, read testimonials from satisfied clients, and learn where you can see Allison speak on employment law and HR related topics. speaking engagements.
Allison West, Esq., SPHR, SHRM-SCP
In 2000, after practicing law at a San Francisco labor and employment boutique, Allison started Employment Practices Specialists. She uses her employment law background, coupled with sound knowledge of human resource practices and a Senior Professional in Human Resources and SHRM-SCP certification, in helping companies both prevent and resolve employment claims.
While a litigator, Allison was responsible for handling federal and state claims, wrongful discharge and work-related tort claims, developing employee handbooks, policies and procedures; and counseling clients concerning all facets of employment practices.
Allison focuses her practice on conducting workplace investigations, delivering one-on-one sensitivity training for managers and employees concerning sexual harassment, discrimination, and diversity awareness issues, coaching managers and employees with disciplinary and/or behavioral problems, providing expert witness and litigation assistance, consulting with HR departments on administrative agency charges and employee handbooks, policies and procedures, and a 24/7 employee complaint hotline.
Additionally, Allison is a sought-after trainer and speaker known for her dynamic presentation style. She specializes in developing and delivering interactive training programs in the US and internationally that address employment law and human resources issues. Allison was brought into CBS News to deliver harassment training immediately after Charlie Rose was terminated. She trains at client of all sizes and industries but nationally and internationally.
Allison is a frequent top-rated speaker at local and national events such as the Society for Human Resource Management’s (SHRM) Annual Conference & Exposition where she was ranked as one of the top ten highest rated speakers at the 2018 conference. She also speaks at the HR Star Conferences in Los Angeles and San Francisco where she has been the only presenter to receive perfect evaluation scores, and the Northern California Human Resources Association HR West Annual Conference where she is consistently a top-rated presenter.
Since 2000, Employment Practices Specialists has provided services to small, medium and Fortune 500 companies. Because EP Specialists approaches each organization as a unique entity, programs and services are fully customized for maximum effectiveness.
Below is a partial list of companies who have benefited from our services:
- Axcess Financial Services, Inc.
- Benefit Cosmetics
- Bently Holdings
- BlackRock (formerly Barclays Global Investors)
- California Farm Bureau Federation
- Chiquita Brands LLC
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Cobham Sensor Systems
- Council On Education in Management
- Coupons, Inc.
- David and Lucille Packard Foundation
- Daiohs First Choice Services
- Diversity Leadership Alliance
- DURECT Corporation
- Eagle’s Nest Harley Davidson
- Fresh Express
- Global Indemnity
- Golden State Utility
- Half Moon Bay Brewing Company
- Heller Ehrman LLP
- Intelisys Telecom Solutions
- Jewish Community Relations Council
- Kodak EasyShare Gallery
- Kyocera America, Inc.
- LEVEL Studios
- Magic American
- Matrix Semiconductor
- Mellenox Technologies
- Meyer Sound
- Pacific Autism Center for Education
- Portola Pharmaceuticals
- RMR Construction
- RSM Equico
- Sartorius Stedim
- San Francisco Water Transit Authority
- Sharp Healthcare
- SmithGroup Architects
- Tethys Bioscience
- Trucker Huss
- Zosano Pharma
EP Specialists has provided services to the following industries and sectors:
- Agriculture – International and Domestic
- Education – College and local school districts
- Food Marketing and Distribution
- Health Care
- Investment Banking
- Labor and Trade
- Local and other Governmental entities
- Legal Services
- On-Line Retail